Old six point cage profile
New five point side profile.
I never did finish weld the helmet part of the chassis…Something did not look correct to me……I waited to take a real good look at it once the chassis was set on the floor…and then I knew I needed to change at least the side profile…But ended up cutting the tact welds and removed the entire top. I bent up new hoops using the full 7” radius of my 1-5/8” die..I also went from a six point top cage to a five point cage. I laidback the front hoop harder and I finally like the end result. The cage now has some visual flow and is all around allot tighter.
I made the footbox uprights out of 1-1/4” .065” chromoly along w/ the upper cross bar from side to side…..Then I used 3/4” .065 and X’d the footbox area wall, the lower crossmember that runs from side to side is 1” .065” moly………Machined all of the steering parts today and started welding them up……..Littleman Dave